Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Public Group active 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Group logo of Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

ESSAY #3 FINAL DRAFT + REFLECTION DUE 12/7

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Dear class-

Those of you who submitted first drafts of Essay #3 should now see my comments in the ‘Grades’ section of Blackboard. Download the pdf file to access my detailed comments. If you experience any difficulty accessing this file, please contact me via email and I will send you a copy as an attachment.

ESSAY #2 FINAL DRAFT + REFLECTION DUE 12/7

**Please note that your final draft and reflection should be submitted SEPARATELY**. 

Essay #3 Final Draft

*Note: This assignment is worth 20% of your overall grade

• In the Blackboard course module, scroll to Essay Assignments on the left hand menu and click on Essay #3.
    • In the content area, select Essay #3 Final Draft.
    • Attach your file(s) and click Submit to finish.

Essay #3 Reflection

In this reflection (250-500 words, you will explore the process of researching and incorporating sources into your essay. Post your response to the COURSE BLOG on the  Academic Commons and comment on at least two of your classmates’ posts. Questions to consider:

• How did composing your Composition in Two Genres differ from writing a traditional essay?
    • Why did you choose your genres and how did your intended audience(s) affect your choice?
    • What rhetorical strategies did you use to engage your audience? Did you draw on pathos (appealing to emotions), logos (appealing to logic or reason) and/or ethos (your own ethics/credibility)? How so? 

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns. You may respond directly to this thread or contact me separately via email. Per my earlier announcement, my office hours this Friday (12/4) will be dedicated to a live workshop on your Final Portfolios, however I am available by appointment through the end of the semester for those of you who would like to meet 1-on-1. 🙂

Happy Writing!

Shamecca

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.