Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Public Group active 6 months, 3 weeks ago

Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Group logo of Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Essay #3 Audience Strategy DUE 11/23

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Dear class-

Now that you have brainstormed some potential genres you might want to work in for Essay #3, I’d like you to consider the target audience(s) you want to reach that would be best suited to respond to your topic. Your audience will give you insight into what genres you will create. See details below. 

DUE NOV 23RD at 11:59PM

ReadWhat to Think about When Writing for a Particular Audience” by Amanda Wray

Post your response to the assigned reading (100-150 words) on the group discussion forum HERE. See discussion question(s) below.

• Discussion Question(s): What is one idea from the text that interests or confuses you? Why? After reading this text, what strategies might you use to write your Composition in Two Genres?
    • To post your response, reply to the appropriately labeled topic in the discussion forum. (i.e. Discussion Forum: “What to Think about When Writing for a Particular Audience ”)

ESSAY #3 AUDIENCE STRATEGY DUE 

Note:  The audience strategy is the blueprint or foundation of your composition, so it is critical to develop a strategy with the end effect in mind. Planning in advance about how you will communicate your ideas to an audience will ensure its success; poor planning will result in a less-than-effective final project. 

• Write a short informal essay identifying your intended audience(s) for Essay #3. Post your response to the COURSE BLOG on the Academic Commons and comment on at least two of your classmates’ posts
    • Your response (250-500 words) should address several questions including (but not limited to):
      1. Who is your intended audience(s)? What are the primary characteristics of that audience?
      2. What do you want your audience to understand, feel, and/or do in response to your composition(s)?
      3. What genre(s) would make your ideas more accessible and attractive to your audience?
      4. What rhetorical strategies will you use to engage your audience? Will you draw on pathos (appealing to emotions), logos (appealing to logic or reason) and/or ethos (your own ethics/credibility)? How so?   

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns. You may respond directly to this thread or contact me separately via email. I will host office hours this Friday from 12:30pm-1:30pm and by appointment for those of you who would like to meet 1-on-1. 

Happy Writing!

Shamecca

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.