Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Public Group active 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

Group logo of Writing Resistance – Fall 2020

ESSAY #2 FINAL DRAFT + REFLECTION DUE 11/11

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #102223

Dear class-

My comments on your first drafts of Essay #2 are currently available in the ‘Grades’ section of Blackboard. Download the pdf file to access my detailed feedback. If, for any reason,  you have trouble accessing my comments, contact me via email and I will send you another copy. I am also available by appointment on Monday 11/9 for those of you who would like to meet 1-on-1.

Per my earlier announcement, I have extended the deadline for your final draft to Wednesday, Nov. 11th at 11:59PM. Along with your final draft, you will submit a short reflection on your incorporating research into your writing. See details below. 

ESSAY #2 FINAL DRAFT + REFLECTION DUE 11/11 (Blackboard)

**Please note that your final draft and reflection should be submitted SEPARATELY**. 

Essay #2 Final Draft

*Note: This assignment is worth 25% of your overall grade

• In the Blackboard course module, scroll to Essay Assignments on the left hand menu and click on Essay #2.
    • In the content area, select Essay #2 Final Draft.
    • Attach your final draft as a Microsoft Word file. Click Submit to finish.

Essay #2 Reflection

In this reflection (250-500 words, you will explore the process of researching and incorporating sources into your essay. Post your response to the COURSE BLOG on the  Academic Commons and comment on at least two of your classmates’ posts. Questions to consider:

• How did you think about and refine your research question?
    • Did you have trouble finding some information and if so, how did you overcome this challenge?
    • What problems did you encounter in analyzing your text and how did you solve them?
    • What role did your intended audience play in the way you presented information in your essay?
    • How has this process influenced your theory of writing? What do you need to know or know how to do in order to be an effective writer? 

Additional Resources

Finally, I encourage each of you to make an appointment with the CCNY Writing Center (link below) before submitting your final draft. Those of you who provide proof of your visit in the form of an email or some other notification from the Writing Center will receive extra-credit.

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions, comments, or concerns. 🙂 

Happy Writing! 

Shamecca

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)