WordPress HELP!!

Public Group active 1 year ago

Embedding a Google calendar into a page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I am trying to embed a Google calendar onto one of our pages.

I followed the instruction on the page below, but when I copy and past the embed code into the text editor, and click “Save Draft,” the code disappears. Anyone has the same problem? or better, knows how to embed a google calendar?

http://en.support.wordpress.com/google-calendar/

Thanks

Tomiko

Hi Tomiko –
    I poked around a bit and saw that the Commons has a plugin called “WordPress Google Calendar,” but when I activated it, I found the API was out of date and didn’t work. I think we need to find a plugin that works with the current Google APIs. I know that OpenLabs, over at City Tech, uses the “Stout Google Calendar” which seems to work well. There are some others – and if you have some preferences, let us know.
    If you feel comfortable filling out the request for such a plugin, that’s cool. If not – I would be happy submit a request to the Dev team to install a plugin to embed Google calendars. Let me know. Thanks!

Rowena Li

Hi Tomiko,

Try to see if you have plugin “WPNG Calendar Plugin” when you go to Dashboard under Settings. I am not sure if mine comes with the theme. This one works.

I think the plugin we have on the Commons is called “WordPress Google Calendar” and on the settings page it is called “WPNG Calendar Plugin” – but when I try to supply a Google GDATA API Key, and google how to get such a key, I get a message that they don’t do this anymore.

Maybe it’s not required?

It would be great if the plugin still works – Rowena – do you know – is it necessary to supply the API key?

Rowena Li

I signed up for the key a year ago. Maybe it is not available now. You do have to have the key. Sorry.

Thanks Rowena! Sounds like your key still works, but maybe they have changed the API for new clients…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.