WordPress HELP!!

Public Group active 1 year ago

Embedding a Google calendar into a page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #15488

Hi everyone,

I am trying to embed a Google calendar onto one of our pages.

I followed the instruction on the page below, but when I copy and past the embed code into the text editor, and click “Save Draft,” the code disappears. Anyone has the same problem? or better, knows how to embed a google calendar?

http://en.support.wordpress.com/google-calendar/

Thanks

Tomiko

#26076

Hi Tomiko –
    I poked around a bit and saw that the Commons has a plugin called “WordPress Google Calendar,” but when I activated it, I found the API was out of date and didn’t work. I think we need to find a plugin that works with the current Google APIs. I know that OpenLabs, over at City Tech, uses the “Stout Google Calendar” which seems to work well. There are some others – and if you have some preferences, let us know.
    If you feel comfortable filling out the request for such a plugin, that’s cool. If not – I would be happy submit a request to the Dev team to install a plugin to embed Google calendars. Let me know. Thanks!

#26077
    Rowena Li
    Member

Hi Tomiko,

Try to see if you have plugin “WPNG Calendar Plugin” when you go to Dashboard under Settings. I am not sure if mine comes with the theme. This one works.

#26078

I think the plugin we have on the Commons is called “WordPress Google Calendar” and on the settings page it is called “WPNG Calendar Plugin” – but when I try to supply a Google GDATA API Key, and google how to get such a key, I get a message that they don’t do this anymore.

Maybe it’s not required?

It would be great if the plugin still works – Rowena – do you know – is it necessary to supply the API key?

#26079
    Rowena Li
    Member

I signed up for the key a year ago. Maybe it is not available now. You do have to have the key. Sorry.

#26080

Thanks Rowena! Sounds like your key still works, but maybe they have changed the API for new clients…

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.