Sociology M.S. in Applied Social Research

Group logo of Sociology M.S. in Applied Social Research

Internships (for continuing students)

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #89937
    Jessie Daniels
    Participant

Typically, in the summer between Year 1 and Year 2, students in the program will pursue an internship. The requirements for the internship are to do some kind of “applied research” in the field, with “the field” being whatever area you’re focused on. The kinds of places that previous students have done their internships range from non-profit organizations to for-profit marketing companies to large, academic research projects. The place you choose to do an internship is up to you. I’m here to serve in a consulting role, to help you locate potential internship sites. The most successful students have developed their own relationships and cultivated those for internships.

I know that these are uncertain times. However, there are many places that are in need of and eager for the kinds of skills you have gained in your first year of study in the program.

Before beginning the internship, you will need to craft an Internship Proposal that will serve as an agreement between you, your internship supervisor, your faculty mentor and me (as director of the program). There is a SAMPLE internship agreement attached here.

In the coming weeks, you should reach out to me to set up a time for an initial consultation on your internship plans. Email is the best way to reach me: jdaniels@hunter.cuny.edu.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.