Sociology M.S. in Applied Social Research

Public Group active 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Group logo of Sociology M.S. in Applied Social Research

Internship Opportunity (nonprofit, research)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #116644
    Jessie Daniels
    Participant

A nonprofit organization that serves formerly incarcerated people is looking for an intern to help with a West Harlem-based pilot project funded by the Manhattan DA’s office with a case management and restorative justice model. The focus of this pilot project is to serve people that were affected by the police raids in the Manhattanville and Grant public housing (NYCHA) complexes. The nonprofit organization is seeking an intern that could conduct staff (and possibly participant) interviews, program observations, and some process evaluation activities. Would start immediately.

If you’re looking for an internship and might be interested in this, please contact me directly (jdaniels@hunter.cuny.edu).

#116646
    Joanna Gierczak
    Participant

Hi Professor Daniels,

I’m interested in this… I have previously worked on a research study where I interviewed parents who have had contact with the criminal justice system (being arrested, incarcerated) and their children ages 8+.
    I also would go to The Fortune Society to recruit participants for this study entitled The Stress & Justice Study. I started off as an intern and worked my way up to being the study coordinator.

I can send my resume if you’d like but I would also like more details… days/times etc please.

Thanks,
    Joanna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.