RUG — R User’s Group

Public Group active 2 weeks, 5 days ago

RUG — R User’s Group

Group logo of RUG — R User’s Group

RUG is back! (Fri 3/05)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #110310
    Connor M French
    Participant

Howdy y’all!

I hope everyone is doing well! The semester is fully underway and I know I’m excited to meet again to talk about R. The schedule for this semester is the same as last semester, with meetings from 1pm to 2:30pm every other Friday. See the GCDI events calendar for all of our scheduled meetings. One fun change this year is that the Python User Group (PUG) will meet after RUG from 3:30pm to 5pm. After seeing how things flow, we may do some combo PUG/RUG meetings!

Over the last year, we’ve experimented with what works best in a remote environment, and we’ve found that pairing our usual general discussion about personal R problems and discussion points with a small tutorial or discussion about a topic folks are interested in works best. So, this first meeting will be to get to know each other and decide what we want to cover this semester. In addition, I have a couple fun new R packages I want to talk about (and maybe demonstrate if I find some time to play with them ahead of time).  So far, we have had series on machine learning and GIS. Depending on the topic, we can generally fit one or two themes per semester, where each theme gets a few meetings devoted to it. Come with your own ideas, but a few broad topics that I’m considering are:

• working with text (text wrangling, analysis, etc.) to complement the intro to text analysis workshop I’m running on Monday March 22 from 1pm to 2pm
    • interacting with databases (e.g. SQL) in R
    • Bayesian modeling in R

I’m looking forward to seeing everybody! The zoom link is below.

Sincerely,

Connor and Yuxiao

https://ccny.zoom.us/j/84810444163

This topic was also posted in: DVG - Data Visualization Group.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Need help with the Commons? Visit our
help page
Send us a message