RUG — R User’s Group

Public Group active 3 days, 19 hours ago

Meeting CANCELLED

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #85370
    Natalie O’Shea
    Participant

Hey there R-lovers!

In the wake of all the coronavirus craziness, we have decided to cancel this week’s RUG meeting. We are currently exploring remote options and will get back to you all ASAP about how we plan to move forward with meetings for the rest of the semester.

In the meantime, I encourage you to explore the resources that I shared earlier this week in a separate post. This is also a great time to start tapping into the broader #rstats community by joining the R for Data Science Slack group and trying your hand at the weekly #TidyTuesday challenge.

Stay healthy and please don’t hesitate to reach out if there’s anything we can help with!

Best,

Natalie, Connor, and Di

#85516
    Joanna Dressel
    Participant

How can we join the R for data science slack group? I’m being prompted to enter the workspace’s slack URL. (I’m still a slack noob!)

#85562
    Natalie O’Shea
    Participant

Hi Joanna,

I believe you should be able to sign up for a Slack account and once you have an account you would just need to provide the email address you used at sign-up to join the R for Data Science workspace. The url for the workspace is r4ds.slack.com.

I hope this helps… Slack can be a bit confusing to get started with, but great once you have everything set up!

Best,

Natalie

#85636
    Joanna Dressel
    Participant

Looks like I might need an invitation to join. I have an account but it won’t let me sign in to the workspace. There is a message below the sign in fields to contact the administrator for an invitation if I don’t have an account on the workspace.

Thank you for your help!

#85644

I was able to finally join by going here: https://www.rfordatasci.com/ and clicking the Slack link at top right.

#85650
    Joanna Dressel
    Participant

That worked! Thank you so much!