LTS 360/ART 350 Special Topics: Interdisciplinary Design Course: Immigration Design

Group logo of LTS 360/ART 350 Special Topics: Interdisciplinary Design Course: Immigration Design

Week 4

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Emely
    Participant
    1. Write a question for Meghan Preiss.

What was the most difficult thing in your career?

1. Write a reflection on Alex Rivera’s talk

Alex’s webinar was really interesting he mentioned couple of things that were very engaging but the one-part I really liked was when he was talking about the man from Los Angeles, how he was able to represent for all of the people who were in Zacatecas. This goes to show you that it really does matter to have unity as all of the people supported Zacatecas from Los Angeles. The more people are united the more that can be done, this goes for anything; there is power in numbers.

1. Write a reflection on at least one of the materials in each section (Design/migration)

Migration: I really loved how Hernandez put together the real life with something that was created and the way she analyze it was really amazing. It got me how she said at the beginning of the reading that even thought he was an Immigrant because he was “Cloaked in whitness” he was able to go unnoticed, unlike the Mexicans the it didn’t matter if they were good people they would abuse them and treat them like nothing, this goes to show that Mexicans were the Main target in the U.S.

Desing: Both materials are very similar in the fact that they explain the importance of planning before doing any project to start, and not just a simple planning, but follow the steps of what is needed to succeed in the project. Putting everything together is vital to analyze the plan and put it to work, and also see other options and possibilities if the plan does not work or it didn’t go as it should.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.