Library Technology Subcommittee of the CUNY Committee on Academic Technology

Group logo of Library Technology Subcommittee of the CUNY Committee on Academic Technology

Next meeting of the Library Technology Subcommittee

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Based on the results of the Doodle poll, it looks like the best day to meet is on February 9 (Tuesday) from 2 pm to 4 pm. The meeting will be held in the library at the CUNY School of Law. An agenda will be distributed closer to the meeting date.

If you have any suggestions for the agenda, please share them here on the Academic Commons or send directly to me or Alex Berrio Matamaros (my co-chair for this subcommittee).

Enjoy the break.

See you in 2016!

This topic was also posted in: CUNY Academic Commons Subcommittee - Forum, CUNY Committee on Academic Technology - Forum.

If anyone wants to suggest agenda items for the next meeting of the Library Technology Subcommittee meeting, please do so by February 9 (our next meeting is later that day at 2 pm at the CUNY School of Law). I’m thinking we’ll probably talk about the authentication survey that CUNY OLS has been helping run. We might also talk about privacy and circulation records, too, if there’s interest. Are there any other projects or initiatives we can get involved with?

I’m on the ALA’s ILI-L listserv (for instruction librarians) and just recently another member of the listserv, John J. Burke, sent the two items below that I think may be of interest to us. The first is a website portal with all kinds of useful resources about technology and libraries.
    Library Technology Awareness Resources
    http://www.users.miamioh.edu/burkejj/techawareness.html

This is the survey results by John Burke about technologies and technology skills used by librarians and library staff members.https://goo.gl/9W2e77

A reminder that the Library Technology Subcommittee will meet tomorrow, Feb. 9th, from 2 pm to 4 pm at the CUNY School of Law in Room 2/119 on the second floor.

Please bring your CUNY ID to present to the security staff at the building entrance. I will be giving security a list of group members so that you will not need to sign in as guests.

Best,
    Alex

Regretfully, because I am going to the DH Week Kickoff at Fordam, I will not make. However, I have a special request for these meetings to be held in a more central location as early in the day as possible. Ultimately will go wherever consensus takes me.

We can hammer out an agenda tomorrow. For now, I’d like to propose:

– Agenda for meeting
    Minutes from the last meeting
    – Library identity management survey
    Updating the Internet Access Guidelines for CUNY Libraries
    – News from CUNY libraries

If anyone has any other items they’d like to add, feel free to chime in here or at the meeting tomorrow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.