LACUNY Scholarly Communications Roundtable

Group logo of LACUNY Scholarly Communications Roundtable

New SCRT Co-Chair — Michael Kirby

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #131833
    Nancy Foasberg
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m very excited to announce that Michael Kirby, of Kingsborough Community College, has agreed to serve as co-chair of SCRT!  Please give him a warm welcome.

Nancy

#131834

Fantastic! Michael, as a former SCRT co-chair, I can say with confidence that it was one of the nicest co-chairing gigs — I hope you enjoy it as well. I look forward to the SCRT year ahead!

-Jill

#131837
    Beth Evans
    Participant

Thanks for the good news, Nancy.

Hi Michael. So glad your will be our new co-chair. Welcome to a really important and interesting committee.

Looking forward to all the planning and programming ahead of us this year.

Beth

Beth Evans
    Brooklyn College Library

#131841

Congratulations, Michael! It’s been great working with you on Academic Works, and I’m excited to welcome you as the new co-chair!!

Meg

#131949

Thank you everyone for the kind words! I’m super excited to work with all of you!

After meeting with Nancy, we thought it might be a good idea to form an “events” subcommittee composed of three or four people. From my understanding, the Roundtable is responsible for putting on a smallish event in the fall and a largish event in the spring. We would need to start planning fairly soon for fall, but we might decide to focus mostly on the spring event?? Would anyone be interested in joining a subcommittee? We would love to hear some ideas for potential events!

Looking forward to hearing from all of you, and thank you again for the warm welcome!

-Michael