LACUNY Scholarly Communications Roundtable

Group logo of LACUNY Scholarly Communications Roundtable

CopyrightX 2020

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #80525

Hi ScholComm Roundtablers,

Want to learn more — a lot more — about copyright, fair use, etc.?

Have you heard about the fantastic, intense CopyrightX course offered through Harvard Law School, HarvardX, and the Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society? Been tempted to take it? (For more information about CopyrightX, you can prowl around the course site and/or read a review of the course I wrote for the Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication.)

If you’re seriously considering applying to take it (be sure you’re aware of how much work it is, and make sure you have the time!), let me know and I can “endorse” you to fast-track you through the application process. (You’d still need to apply, but you’d be guaranteed acceptance.)

I can only give an endorsement for one person, but there are some other CopyrightX alums in this group who might be able to offer their endorsement to other interested folks.

#80529

Update: My CopyrightX endorsement has been claimed, but I still encourage anyone who’s interested, and really and truly up for the time commitment, to apply. Admittance is selective, but I bet anyone in this group who takes the time to write a thoughtful essay has a good chance of being accepted.

Oh, and since I didn’t specify before: the course is completely cost-free. My only cost was the cost of having Kinko’s print out the full transcript (which has a few errors but is overall really good) of the YouTube videos.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.