GC Digital Initiatives at the CUNY Graduate Center

Public Group active 2 days, 16 hours ago

GC Digital Initiatives at the CUNY Graduate Center

Group logo of GC Digital Initiatives at the CUNY Graduate Center

Invitation: Join the Methods of Text Analysis Class for Roundtable Discussion

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello! My name is Lisa Rhody, and this semester I\’m teaching Methods of Text Analysis, which is part of the MA in Digital Humanities program. On Tuesday, December 8th at 4:15 PM, we are going to open our class up to members of the GC community who wish to join us for 3 roundtable discussions. More information can be found below. I hope you will consider joining us!

Best,

Lisa

Methods of Text Analysis Open Roundtable: Is there such a thing as feminist text analysis? 

The Methods of Text Analysis class, which is part of the MA in Digital Humanities program, invites you to attend our open class symposium on Tuesday, December 8 at 4:15 PM EST. The symposium will consist of three roundtable discussions centered on the question: “Can there be such a thing as feminist text analysis?” (Abstracts published on the course blog.) Students from the course will draw on a semester of theoretical readings and discussions about the intersections between feminist theory and practice and computational text analysis. Considering a range of projects, disciplinary uses for computational text analysis, and research ethics, students will offer short, suggestive propositions about the need for, value of, and practical opportunities for feminist text analysis beginning with formulating research questions, through accessing and preparing textual corpora, conceptualizing and operationalizing the processing of text, through analyzing results. Each presentation will last 5 minutes with a short, moderated question and answer period to follow.

The event is free and open to members of the GC community and invited guests. We do ask that you register in advance. A link with the Zoom information to participate will be emailed one hour before class begins. 

Register here

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.