Digital Humanities Reading Group

Public Group active 1 year, 10 months ago

Digital Humanities Reading Group

Group logo of Digital Humanities Reading Group

Inquiry for Summer Digital Research Assistant (Paid)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #128846

Hi Folks:

Please let me know if anyone is interested in, or might direct me to someone that can help me with the following digital research over Summer 2022 (and perhaps beyond that):

Project Description:

The project investigates the Neapolitan-Italian language on social media & streaming media, a language designated as “vulnerable” by UNESCO, to consider whether the quantity of Neapolitan people and Neapolitan rhetorical engagement in these spaces is enough to counter the “vulnerable” status of the language, and to counter national narratives of Neapolitans as “terroni” or uneducated, inferior, cultural citizens of Italy. 

I need help with the following digital mapping tasks (in chronological order of importance):

1. Mapping (or perhaps data scraping first, then mapping) that locates the physical population (digitally) of the Neapolitan Italian Diaspora beyond Southern Italy–many Neapolitans migrated to the US, Australia & South America pre-World Wars and post-World Wars.

2. Data scraping and mapping of the digital diaspora of Neapolitan Italians on social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube & TikTok as well as streaming services such as HBO Max and Amazon Prime (it may be one or both of these based on the series I include in my analysis).

I can pay interested researchers for 28 hours to start at a rate of $24 per hour (negotiable). Funding will continue as the project progresses.

Please contact me asap at cmigliaccio@mec.cuny.edu if interested OR if you know someone that might be!

Warm thanks,

Cristina Migliaccio

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)