Digital Humanities Initiative

Public Group active 2 days, 22 hours ago

Open Source GIS Workshop at Baruch Fall 2013 & New Series

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi all –

These workshops are highly recommended for anyone interested in DH. Frank is great:

———- Forwarded message ———-
    Date: Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    Subject: Open Source GIS Workshop at Baruch Fall 2013 & New Series
    Greetings,

I’m running my GIS Practicum, Introduction to GIS Using Open Source Software, again this semester at the Baruch College Library. If you have colleagues or students that are interested please pass this info along. There are two sessions – one on Friday Oct 4th and another on Friday Nov 8th. Advance registration is required, cost is $30 and includes a tutorial manual and light breakfast.

– Eligible: All graduate students, faculty, and staff who are currently affiliated with CUNY

– Not Eligible: Undergraduates (with the exception of Baruch students), Cont Ed, alumni, and people not affiliated with CUNY

For more information and to register: http://guides.newman.baruch.cuny.edu/gis/gisprac

For the first time this semester I’m running a second, more advanced session. This is a half-day workshop for learning open source spatial databases for organizing geographic data and doing spatial analyses. Eligibility requirements are the same, except that participants must also have prior GIS experience. Registration fee is $10 and includes a tutorial handout and hot beverages (coffee and tea). These sessions are also held on Fridays: Oct 11th, Nov 1st, and Dec 6th.

For more information on the advanced workshop and to register: http://guides.newman.baruch.cuny.edu/gis/spatialdb

I’ve attached a flier that advertises both sessions.

Hope your semester is off to a good start. Best wishes – Frank

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.