CUNY-Wide Composition and Rhetoric

Group logo of CUNY-Wide Composition and Rhetoric

Comp/Rhet Discussion Series

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Ruth Jacobs
    Participant

For anyone who missed this on the English listserv, you can probably email Tara for more info-her email is below. Derek Owens is the author of Composition and Sustainability (http://www.amazon.com/Composition-Sustainability-Threatened-Generation-Refiguring/dp/0814100376), a book about encouraging students to write about their locality and environment, which I read for my oral exam and heartily recommend. -Sarah

Hi all. Some colleagues of mine at the Institute for Writing Studies at St. John’s University and I have put together a series of conversations around issues in the field of Comp/Rhet. These events are free and open to everyone, and we hope to foster dialogue between adjuncts, grad students and full-time faculty from various writing departments in the NYC area, including CUNY. Our first speaker is Dr. Derek Owens, and the flier for the event, which is Tuesday, Oct. 4th on the Manhattan campus of St. John’s University from 6:00-7:30, is attached. Refreshments will be served and all are welcome; please spread the word to anyone you think may be interested, and hope to see some of you there! If you plan on attending, you can RSVP to roedert@stjohns.edu. Best, Tara (ophelia8241@aol.com)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Sarah Ruth Jacobs
    Participant

for anyone interested in attending, I found out that the room number is 118.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.