CUNY GC ITP Program

Public Group active 3 days, 13 hours ago

Perspectives: A CUNY TV Digital Series

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #66483

See below for a terrific opportunity from Jose Luis Orbegozo at CUNY TV.

——-

Dear CUNY Professor,

My name is Jose Luis Orbegozo. I work at CUNY TV as a Senior Producer, and I\’m also the Associate Director of Community Programming. I wanted to extend to you the following invitation to collaborate in a new CUNY TV Digital Series.

On November 6th, CUNY TV will produce a live Mid-Term Elections Special, with renowned hosts, a panel of experts and professors. Our studio audience will be comprised of CUNY students with remote connections to students on CUNY campuses, and live call-ins.

CUNY TV Digital Series is producing \”Perspectives,\” a series of 5-minute web-videos of students and faculty discussing issues important to New Yorkers in the upcoming election. These include gender, sexuality, race, immigration, guns, housing, food security, criminal justice reform, marijuana legalization, among many others. The episodes will stream on CUNY TV Digital Series\’ Youtube Channel and Facebook in the weeks before the election night.

In the next two weeks, we plan to shoot the interviews on different CUNY campuses. We want to visit classrooms where we can interact with students and professors in a proactive and open-minded environment. These interactions could be a great learning opportunity in which students and professors exchange perspectives on issues that are of crucial importance to them.

With that goal in mind, I wanted to know if you would be interested in inviting us to your classroom. If so, I would provide specific details of the production in a follow-up email.

I\’m looking forward to collaborating with you and your students.

Sincerely,

Jose Luis Orbegozo​

​___
    José Luis Orbegozo
    Senior Producer – CUNY TV Digital Series
    Associate Director of Community Programming
    CUNY – TV
    365 5th Ave. Suite 1400
    New York, NY 10016
    212 – 817 7896

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.