CUNY Digital History Project

Public Group active 3 weeks, 1 day ago

CUNY Digital History Project

Group logo of CUNY Digital History Project

Learn more about opportunities with Google for GC students

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Below is a listing of opportunities to learn more about Google. They have specifically reached out to the GC to encourage participation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You’re Invited! Google YouTube Live Series 2017

Google University Programs is hosting a few YouTube Live sessions this fall and specifically requested that I share the invite with CUNY Graduate Center students. They want to see YOU there. These events are not being widely marketed so we hope you will tune in for this unique opportunity.

The events and descriptions are below. Each event will have a live Q&A element so you can ask any questions they may have.

Sounds cool! How do I tune in?

1. FILL OUT THIS RSVP FORM[goo.gl]and let us know when we can expect to see you.

1. Simply click on the appropriate link below the day of the event(s) you’d like to join. If you RSVP we’ll send you a calendar invite to help you remember.

**Note: Please do not share these links outside of the CUNY Graduate Center community! These events are invitation-only in order to maintain a personalized and intimate forum for discussion.**

Google’s Engineering Residency Program[youtube.com]

Thurs Sept 28, 7pm EST

Google\’s Engineering Residency is a 1-year program open to all qualified graduates. With an intensive, industry-focused curriculum, the program provides residents with a strong foundation in computer science and experience working on complex programming projects with Google engineers. Tune in to hear directly from former Engineering Residents about their journey. We will also have recruiters on hand to answer questions about the application and interview process.

Intended Audience: Students graduating in 2018 who are interested in pursuing software engineering full time.

Google’s Tech Dev Guide – Resources and Inside Tips[youtube.com]

Wed Oct 11, 7pm EST

Ever wonder if you’re doing enough inside/outside the classroom to develop your technical skills? Or if you’ve really prepared enough for your next interview? Maybe you’re just curious about what companies really care about outside of your coursework. Well Google’s Tech Dev Guide is about to be your new best friend. Tune in to get the chance to hear directly from the creators of this brand new resource as we talk through the best ways to prepare yourself for the tech industry while still in school.

Intended Audience: Any and all students interested in furthering their technical skills outside the classroom and setting themselves up for success when applying for internships/jobs.

Can’t wait to chat with you!

Thanks,

Google University Programs

FAQs:

Q:I’m not available at that time, can I watch it later?

A: While tuning in live offers the best interactive experience, we know you are all busy and may have conflicts. For those who cannot join us at the time of the event, we will leave the recording of the event up for 24 hours.

Q: There’s a recording? Why would I tune in live?

A: So glad you asked. Along with being able to ask questions and get answers in real time, we will be raffling off a Google Home at every event. You have to tune in live in order to qualify.

Q: How long will these be?

A: They will all only be about 20-30 minutes.

Q: I want to host a viewing party, do I need to tell anyone?

A: That’s awesome! Be sure to let the Google University programs team know by emailing brendancollins@google.com & bhedenberg@google.com.

•  University Programs Expansion Coordinator  
      •  
      Google, Inc.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.