Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Public Group active 1 week, 1 day ago

Group logo of Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Module 3 — New York City College of Technology

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #139782
    Aankit Patel
    Member

Background

• The design process is at the center of our work together this summer.

Task

• We invite you to visually represent or model your own design process using some digital tool.
    • You can capture how you design or make anything — whether it’s related to your work as a teacher educator or not.
    • You can share your typical design process, or create a vision for a more idealized or aspirational design process.
    • We think doing this will help you learn a new digital tool, and to help you think intentionally about your design process in advance of our work together this summer.

To complete this task:

To visualize your design process, select and use a digital tool  – preferably one that’s new to you or that you want more practice with. You can use one of the ones we recommend below, or locate your own.

NOTE: Some of these require you to create accounts. If you’d like, take a look at the privacy policies of these tools to see if the benefits of signing up would outweigh the risks for you.

Stuck?

• Consult any online tutorials the tool may have on their site
    • Try sketching something on paper first, or do some free-writing to generate ideas about how you generally go about design!
    • Make multiple “rapid prototype” iterations until something feels right.
    • If you’re stuck on something, we encourage you to troubleshoot. Google around, use your colleagues as resources, or go to our help sessions on Mondays!

To Share:

• Reply to this thread.
    • Add a brief reflection:
      • Share something new you learned about the tool you used.
      • Did you look at the privacy policy? Did anything stand out there?
      • Share any limitations of the tool that you used that you discovered.
    • You can share your work as a link, or an attachment to this discussion thread
    • If you’d like to embed an image in your post, you’ll have to upload it somewhere first (for example at imgur). Then use the image icon in the discussion forum to link to it.
    #140373
    Sandie Han
    Participant

I am proficient with Microsoft Office. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Form, Teams are some of the tools I use frequently. I recently used Padlet in a presentation. I think it’s a good way to engage audience especially on Zoom. Today, I just opened a Canva account.  It looks like one can be very creative and colorful with Canva presentation. I am looking forward to trying it out.

I am interested in data analysis and data visualization. I do a lot of projects on Excel. For the artifact, I am also thinking about an Excel data analysis project. Another tool I like to use is Desmos, an open source free graphing calculator. I’ve been very impressed by student artwork using Desmos, see https://www.desmos.com/art, that I think it might be fun to do some simple artwork.

#141901

I am familiar with PowerPoint  Google slides and math apps such as Ge So I explored Padlet, Loopy and Canva.  After reading the privacy policy, I felt comfortable exploring Canva. I was able to use my gmail account to access it.  What drew me to this application is the elements, colors, videos and images that were available for use to create.  I choose a topic that I do not teach -sewing. I found lots of images and videos for sewing. I learned to save my work as a pdf. I learned to input a video and picture in a document, share my work with others for editing purposes. One limitation was that I could not input a text in the circle and square shape displayed.

When I teach statistics I use a graphing calculator to analyze and interpret data. I think that my artifact may be in statistics or geometry.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.