Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Public Group active 1 week, 1 day ago

Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Group logo of Computing Integrated Teacher Education (CITE) @ CUNY

Module 2 – BCC Bronx Community College

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Background

• The National Equity Project has given us permission to “remix” their Liberatory Design Mindsets resource with their Creative Commons license.

Task

To complete this task:

• Either download the PowerPoint slides attached to this forum post OR make a copy of this Google Slides presentation.
    • Remix the activity on Slide 3. You can add more slides if you need.

To Share:

• Attach your PowerPoint, or link your Google slides to your discussion forum post when you’re done. If you go the Google Slides route, make sure permissions allow anyone to view your work.
    • Add a brief reflection on your process and what you hoped you accomplished with the activity.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Minkyung Choi
    Participant

Hello all!

Here are my two cards (hard to pick only two!): https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1IG75G-6mKIm2aSNWFZr9SIJoFq7mKqdk/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=100467415586771377631&rtpof=true&sd=true

I select the first one because oppression is embedded in many aspects of every day’s life but often is not obvious; the second one complements the first. I see it as an exercise to recognize power and learn to share it. Preemptive tool against becoming an oppressor?

Hi Everyone, Here is my remixed activity.

My selection process focused on which of the cards mattered most to me, but also which might be critical to in our collaboration. I’m eager to review your contributions. Bring on the BCC mixtape.

Be Well, Monique

How did I choose? I thought it was important to see how the cards connected to each other. We can argue that they all connect but I was looking for connections that can be quickly integrated into active collaborations with students in the classroom. There are courses that I teach regularly and I needed to see how to examine pedagogical practices that may have become stale and non-responsive to what students require. In other words, I wanted to adapt more established pedagogical practices to the realities of technological advances. I teach critical literacy. How to teach that given the technological changes taking place?

Tonya Johnson
    Participant

Hello all,

Please see my remixed activity. I focused on what I see to be some of the challenges faced by many that make embracing or having courageous conversation about equity for all. From the lens of forming relationships, make having the conversations easier because it’s anchored in trust.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1FGbdnT1JDDLv7lWcNrh5D8NIcQlq5MImmGS8xgAI4dk/edit?usp=sharing

Best,

Tonya

Hi! Access my remixed activity here.

This was challenging because I thought the original activity was great the way it was! I remixed it by incorporating considerations of practicality — encouraging my students to think about what might make it easy to embody the mindsets and what do they think will make it difficult, and brainstorming possible solutions to those difficulties.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.