Applied Digital Sociology

Public Group active 10 hours, 33 minutes ago

REMINDER: Digital Portfolios Required for Graduation + LinkedIn After

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #138983
    Jessie Daniels
    Participant

For everyone planning to graduate this semester, this is your reminder that your digital portfolio is a requirement for graduation from this program. AND, please connect with me on LinkedIn after you graduate. This combination, of your completed portfolio and connecting to me on LinkedIn, will allow me to keep helping you after graduation if I can. If possible, I’ll connect you to opportunities there and via email, and to do that, I need the link to your digital portfolio to be completed and ready for sharing.

Your digital portfolio is the place that you should showcase the work that you’ve done in the program, linking between the learning objectives and assignments you’ve completed. The digital portfolio can have any URL, but it should be a version of your name (and, ideally, should be a dedicated URL that doesn’t include the name of the webhost). As a reminder, here are the learning objectives for the program:

• explain the social and political context of how data is generated and why this matters for research;
    • construct a viable research question;
    • design an evaluation study;
    • produce a step-by-step research or evaluation work plan that is feasible given time and resource constraints, using the GANTT chart or similar planning method;
    • collect data from a variety of sources, using both digital and analog methods;
    • analyze the data using the most appropriate methods and tools available;
    • interpret the results of the analysis;
    • write clearly and analytically;
    • demonstrate a working knowledge of basic steps to protect digital privacy and evade digital surveillance mechanisms;
    • create a digital portfolio of their work in the program, including the internship and how this work demonstrates the student’s proficiency in each learning objective listed above.

For examples, you can see several portfolios from previous students here.

When you’re ready to submit, just email the link to me: jdaniels@hunter.cuny.edu and I will let the Degree Audit office know.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)