WFE Resume Project

Access: LimitedShow Details
  • This Doc can be read by: Anyone
  • This Doc can be edited by: The Doc author only
  • Comments are visible to: Anyone
  • Comments can be posted by: Logged-in Users
  • History can be viewed by: Anyone
Hide Details

ETHAN ANGRESS
Phone- 618-513-0525
Email- eangres000@citymail.cuny.edu

Creative, resourceful, leader, Mechanical Engineering Freshman at The City College of New York with 20 years of classroom experience and presentation and visual arts skills seeking a mechanical engineering internship.
WORK EXPERIENCE
9/2017-9/2018 Bus Boy, Midori Japanese Steakhouse
· Managed 20+ tables making sure each had the proper utensils and were kept clean and cared for
· Conducted basic maintenance of the restaurant, such as: restoking, fixing broken materials, and cleaning
4/2016-7/2017 Umpire, North Shore Little League
· Facilitated the smooth procedure of the baseball game
· In charge of the safe play of younger kids
EDUCATION
9/18-Present
9/14-6/18 On track for BE in Mechanical Engineering in 2022 -GPA= 3.3
High School Diploma, Mount Sinai High School in Mount Sinai, NY -GPA=3.9
Relevant Courses= Writing for Engineers, Calculus 1, Computer Aided Drafting
SKILLS
-Responsible, Leader, Hardworking, Dedicated, Organized
-Proficient in AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Microsoft Word, Office, Excel,
AFFILIATIONS
Captain Mount Sinai Baseball and Football Team-2018
CCNY Baseball- Present
Kappa Sigma- Upsilon Mu
Ethan Angress
Phone-618-513-0525
Email-eangres000@citymail.cuny.edu

2/28/17
Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
Bronx, NY

Dear Hiring Manager,

Good afternoon, my names is Ethan Angress. I am a freshman mechanical engineering student at The City College of New York. I found your job posting on Internships.com. I have herd amazing things about your company’s work in the aviation defense industry and am fascinated by the fact that your team of engineers helped direct the Apollo mission to the moon. I think that I could make a great addition to your team of engineers due to my leadership experience, time spent working as a part of a team, and my extreme dedication.

The leadership experience that I have as captain of multiple sports teams as allowed me to develop leadership qualities that would be extremely beneficial in the workplace. Leading a team with common goal and helping to motivate members when they are struggling has greatly helped with my ability to lead people. Additionally, being a part of these sports teams as allowed me to learn the proper communication skills that are necessary to work as part of a team. Through my extensive experience of being part of teams, I have learned how to work with equals to try to reach a common goal along with take orders from superiors. The immense dedication that I have to something will allow me to flourish as a part of your company. This dedication has caused me to pursue this internship and will cause me to search for any information that I need to know as part of your company.

Overall, I feel as if I would be a valuable addition to your company. The skills that I have learned as part of athletic teams and my qualities will allow me to flourish in a working environment. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to meet with you in person for an interview. I have attached my resumé for your consideration. Please feel free to contact me at 618-513-0525 or eangres00@citymail.cuny.edu for any questions. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Sincerely,

Ethan Angress
Description
SYSTEMS ENGINEER – SUMMER INTERNSHIP

The System Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) in Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) is seeking candidates for Summer 2019 systems engineering internship positions in Schriever AFB, CO. The positions offer an opportunity for students from technical disciplines to gain work experience in the defense industry by contributing to the design and development of tactical defense systems at Raytheon. The ideal candidate has a declared engineering, math or science major, possesses strong analytical skills, and is interested in a career in the design of large scale electromechanical systems with defense applications.

Selected candidates would be hired for a paid internship from May to August 2019, with exact dates partnered based on the candidate’s academic calendar.

JOB DESCRIPTION

Specific job responsibilities will be designed to match the candidate’s technical interest and academic background, but will likely include algorithm development, performance assessment trade studies, and technical analysis of sensor signal and data processing subsystems. Internship participants would join a team of Raytheon system engineers to become acclimated with Raytheon Engineering practices and processes. The candidate would develop and exercise engineering skills through Raytheon sponsored technical training, and by making individual technical contributions to one of IDS’s tactical defense programs or internal research and design initiatives.

All assignments will focus on developing the candidate’s competency and contribution to program requirements definition, model based systems engineering, sub-system integration and test, and systems architecture. Systems Engineers use MATLAB regularly to conduct data analyses, and are expected to document and present technical results using standard Microsoft Office tools. The engineer should be comfortable working independently and in a team environment.

ORGANIZATION

The Systems Architecture Design and Integration Directorate (SADID) is the central focus for Mission Systems Integration activities within IDS. SADID provides system level design through requirements definition for complex, large scale defense applications. To support this activity, SADID employees are responsible for modeling and simulation efforts, system effectiveness and operational analysis, radar systems design, signal processing algorithm development, tracking, and discrimination.

SADID’s core capabilities encompass a wide range of the key systems engineering competencies required for successful technical development and program execution. Our capabilities cover the entire lifecycle, including business capture, proposal development, system requirements development and technical design, as well as system integration and test support

Our general systems engineering expertise comprises architecting, requirements development, flow down and design, algorithm development, modeling and simulation, operations analysis and integration and test support. Areas of expertise are radar, sensor, battle management solutions, command and control, and cyber security.

WHAT DOES A SYSTEMS ENGINEER DO?

A Systems Engineer uses engineering and math skills to define the architecture of the system (the “pieces” and how they interact), the performance and functional requirements of the system (what the system must be capable of doing and how well), the subsystem design and requirements (what components are needed and how they must perform), and the integration of the components into the overall system. At Raytheon, Systems Engineers contribute to programs throughout the entire product development lifecycle, from inception to completion, and are applying model based systems engineering and architecture methods on many of today’s most advanced-technology systems.

In support of design and requirements generation, the Systems Engineers also analyze the system’s operational capabilities through modeling and simulation tools. Systems Engineers are also involved in integration, string testing, fielding and operational tests.

–U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as within one year of employment.

Qualifications

BASIC SKILLS:

– Candidates must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program with an emphasis in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related technical field.
– US. Citizenship required.

Desired Skills:

– Leadership or participation in college campus organizations, athletic teams, or community service groups
– Strong analytical skills
– Minimum 3.0 GPA
– Relevant work or project experience in algorithm design, requirements development, software/hardware integration and configuration management
– Familiarity with Microsoft Office toolset (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
– M.S. Degree
– MATLAB experience
– Programming experience in modern computer programming languages (JAVA, C++, C)
– Engineering project, internship or co-op experience
– Excellent written and oral communication skills
– Ability to pursue information (“self-starter”)
– Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
– Authored Technical Papers and / or Technical Presentations

Educational background or interest in the following areas:

– Radar Architecture and or algorithms
– Signal Processing and Control theory
– Model based engineering and architecture
– Statistics, random processes and detection methods
– Imaging / pattern recognition
– Cyber security, encryption, information assurance
– Data filtering and processing techniques (e.g. Kalman, batch, optimal)
BECOME A KEY CONTRIBUTOR TO OUR SADID TEAM!

All these job responsibilities are to be executed in harmony with Raytheon’s Code of Business Ethics and Conduct policy which sets the standard by which we operate and how we treat others.

Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.