Sasha interview

Access: LimitedShow Details
  • This Doc can be read by: Anyone
  • This Doc can be edited by: The Doc author only
  • Comments are visible to: Anyone
  • Comments can be posted by: Logged-in Users
  • History can be viewed by: Anyone
Hide Details

Samuel Williams

“Sasha”

When I first talked to Sasha it was short and sweet and through email.  We exchanged information and started talking through “whats app”. There we discussed how we would be doing the interview.  We would conduct the interview through a phone call.  Before the interview we would have little conversations here and there.  We would discuss school and how it was going so far.  We also talk to each other to help not overthink things about the assignment.  I also realized how respectful Sasha was.  She asked me if any topics or ideas were off limits before we even did our rough draft.  I really appreciated to even ask me that first.  Through these little conversations with Sasha I feel like it helped me open up a little more in my interview with her.

What is your name?

My name is Sasha-ka Jones

Does your name have a meaning?

My name does not have a specific meaning, Sasha-ka is pronounced (Sasha-kay) so I came up with a joke to clarify the missing “y” letter. I would correct everyone that my mom was 18yrs when she had me so she forgot the “y”. Almost everyone calls me “Sasha-cah” based on that, I made sure I add the “y” to my daughter’s name.

Where are you from?  What is your ethnic background?

I was born in Brown’s Hall St. Catherine in Jamaica, W. I

What was it like growing up in Jamaica?

Growing up in Jamaica was a joy. My mother and I lived a very loving, supportive and fun-filled life. She owned her own bar and lounge, so life was pretty good, so much so I had no worries. I am an only child so I guess you can say I was spoiled rotten. She sheltered me from the harsh world. We lived in Kingston whereby we had access to everything and was updated on everything around us locally and internationally

What are three words that best describe you?

Three words that best describe me are funny, authentic and loyal. That’s from my end, many assume I am sarcastic, antisocial and even a “clutz” allegedly.

Is there a quote or phrase that you live by?

Excellent question, “God is able, never forget it.

Tell me a few interesting facts about you.

I am a mom, a Taurus, sensitive, a tyrant and a loner. If that makes sense.

When asked what are some interesting facts about you in the first interview you said “You’re a Taurus.”  Do you follow horoscopes and feel like your emotions are based on your sign?

I used to follow horoscopes, a few years back to be honest. Then I met someone that is the same sign as I am, the only difference was the gender, year of birth and day. That person was the complete opposite of many Taurus characteristics, I stopped following it then and just look at individuals based on their beliefs and upbringing.

What is your dream profession and why?

My dream profession would be to become a teacher to teach young children.  I love their honesty and the light in their eyes when something interests them.

When did you realize you wanted to be a teacher?

At 6 yrs. I knew I wanted to be a teacher. The other day I was having a conversation with my aunt and she reminded me that back in Jamaica, I was always gathering children from my neighborhood and playing school with them.

Who are some of your biggest motivators?

Some of my biggest motivators are my mom, my children and my kids Godmother. My mother’s heart. My children’s courage. My kids God mother’s consistency.

If you can change one thing in this world, what would it be?

If I could change one thing in the world it would be the death of my mom.

What is something you are not good at that you wish you were good at?

I wish I was good or better at writing. I also wish I was good at driving, exercising and not being a procrastinator.

What are some hobbies you enjoy doing in your free time?

In my spare time, I love eating, hanging with my children and sightseeing. I also enjoys movies and music. Nothing major.

How would you like to be remembered?

I want to be remembered as someone that is filled with love, someone that wish people well. A trying person, for my smile, for the love I give and for the many lives I will touch. I hope one day my life will motivate someone be better than I was.

After the interview I cam to the conclusion that Sasha is a respectfully, humble and devoted woman.  I believe she will do great things and I will definitely remember this strong  woman.