Reflection: Literacy Narrative

Access: LimitedShow Details
  • This Doc can be read by: Anyone
  • This Doc can be edited by: The Doc author only
  • Comments are visible to: Anyone
  • Comments can be posted by: Logged-in Users
  • History can be viewed by: Anyone
Hide Details

The hardest part of writing anything for me is coming up with the topic. Once I figure out a topic I am passionate about writing, I have to face the hurdle of the introduction paragraph. I don’t always know where to start, but this is where the outline came in handy. I organized what I wanted to say in my outline so all I had to do, come time to write, was organize my thoughts into a way that was cohesive yet interesting to keep the reader’s attention. I have to be in my room with no interruptions when I write because I easily lose my train of thought but sometimes I listen to music while I write on my laptop. I did not write this whole paper all at once, I had to do a couple paragraphs and then come back and change some of what I already wrote and then finish. I kept doubting myself as I wrote because I did not know if I was answering the task at hand.

This literacy narrative made me remember events from my childhood and high school experience and didn’t require any further research than my memories. I reread my draft several times before handing it in to correct any simple mistakes and rephrase any sentences that seemed too wordy or incomplete. After the peer review and the professors feedback I took that all into account and fixed my mistakes that I did not catch. Also, the professor made a comment about my conclusion and how it should connect more to my first paragraph, I too agreed that my conclusion strayed away from the rest of the narrative. So I decided just to rewrite the whole paragraph rather than trying to find what to delete and where to add things.