• Sankirth Kuturu posted an update 5 years, 6 months ago

Literacy Narrative
    It was hard coming up with a topic. I had a few ideas but it was a going to be a lot of work to flesh out and test each one. I got into my writing mood by finding a quiet spot and just listening to music. Then it it me, each of the ideas I considered could be connected! I drafted quite a few outlines before I found one that flowed well and was something I could create from.

I didnt have to reasearch at all since this was a personal story. Though, I had to think a lot about what I wanted to say and how to convey it. Bringing up the old memories anc sifting through them to ffind the apportitea ones was a challenge.

I wrote down all my ideas and made a secondary outline which was more of a flowchart. In it I said what had to be done by when and the goal of each paragraph. This approach helped me stay on topic and make the writing interesting. It limited the amount of details I put in as well. I was able to see my thoughts on paper so it made thinking of new ideas much easier.

I mainly focused on the professors input. My peer reviewers went over it with me but it was minor points such as grammar and word choice. I actually helped them a lot because I found many grammar and spelling errors as well as flow errors. But, the review helped me figure out areas where I could make mistakes in the future.