RCA Essay Reflection

Magally Dorado Amigon 

Freshman Comp.

April 6, 2020

Professor Ellis

The Researched Critical Analysis essay was another essay that I had a bit of difficulty writing. Unlike the exploratory essay, in this one you do present your argument and back it up with evidence. In this essay, you have to be on one side of the argument and support it but you also have to make sure you include the other side. This is almost like an elevated version of an argumentative essay except you are also analyzing your evidence. For some, it can be easy but for others a bit more difficult. I feel like I would’ve done much better if I were to have been in the classroom. With COVID-19 going we had to transition to online classes which aren’t the easiest to do when there is no structure or support such as a professor. Even so, we would make video calls every Friday which would help because of the information we learned, and because of the questions that were being asked. I think I did not handle this essay as best as I could’ve but regardless I think it was a great essay to reflect and delve into. I believe that you are able to see how strong of a point you can make and how well you know a topic with this paper. Not only that but you can learn more about yourself and your views on something while writing. I know that I certainly did. I would love to write another one of these essays because although it was kind of stressful it’s still fun to give your opinion in a professional manner. If there is one thing that I learned from this it’s that you have to be confident in what you say. There is no right or wrong answer as long as you respectfully give your opinion and refute the other side as well.

Responses

Welcome to Social Paper (beta)!