Digital Humanities Initiative

Public Group active 2 days, 12 hours ago

THATCamp New York

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #13535

Hi everyone,

Would there be any interest in organizing a THATCamp New York? I’m trying to put one together to be held at Columbia next fall and I would love if it could be a cross-university initiative.

More information on THATCamps can be found on their website: http://thatcamp.org/. Please do get in touch if you think you might want to help.

Thank you!

#20796

count me in- i’d love to help out with this!

#20797

I’d be very interested in lending a hand. FWIW, I helped organize an unconference here at Baruch in 2007 (Library Camp NYC).

#20798

I’m a St. John’s University administrator and would be happy to add STJ to the cross-university mixture.

#20799
    Amanda Licastro
    Participant

I am also interested in helping. I attended THATcamp New England in November, and I learned a lot. I blogged about my experiences here on the commons if anyone is interested : http://digitocentrism.commons.gc.cuny.edu/

#20800

Hi Jonathan – sorry for delay in replying – this is great!! A couple of us in the group have had conversations about doing a THATCamp NYC, but were nervous to say it out loud because of the workload involved. A cross-university approach makes it so much more manageable, and will be a lot of fun – thanks so much for taking the lead. Needless to say, I’d love to be involved.

I’m going to THATCamp VA this weekend – let me know if there are any questions you’d like me to ask.

#20801

Thanks for such a quick outpouring of support, everyone! I’m glad to see enthusiasm from St. John’s as well. For now, I’m trying to secure funding and space from various centers and councils at Columbia and will focus on cross-institutional organization early next year.