bikeCUNY

Public Group active 2 weeks ago

New York Century

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #15220
    Amy Ballmer
    Member

Are any of you planning on riding the NY Century on Sept. 9? I am going to do the 55 mile ride starting at Central Park. More info here: http://nyccentury.org/

#25160

I’ll be riding in the 35-mile tour starting in Prospect Park. I believe @bethevans has also registered for the tour (and the same mileage/starting location).

I have done this tour once before but only the 15 miler. The more miles you do, the better it is. (The shorter distances are really geared towards families with children and those new to cycling.) I hope to one day work my way towards the full century (100 miles)!

For those interested in long-distance tours, there are several cycling groups in NYC with whom you can get together: Five Borough Bike Club and New York Cycle Club. Furthermore, Bike New York (the folks behind the 5 Boro Bike Tour) also have several long rides throughout the year.

There are plenty of opportunities to ride! But since we’re talking about the NYC Century ride in particular here, I hope some of you register & come out to ride that second Sunday in September!

#25161
    Jim Russell
    Member

I’ll be marshaling again this year. We are actually very short on marshals so if anyone wants to volunteer let me know! Fun activity and you can ride the route for free in exchange for light volunteer work.

I’m assigned to the 15 milers from Central Park but I’ll probably continue on for the 55 mile route depending upon how slow the 15’s are. I’ll be in CP around 7:30.