CUNY Manifold Users

Public Group active 2 days, 12 hours ago

CUNY Academic Works or Manifold for OER?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #130529

I just found our Manifold “installation.” I have been publishing my OERs on CUNY Academic Works (as HTML files; not great). Is Manifold now the preferred place for this?

#130530

Dear Raffi,

For discovery, CUNY Academic Works is a great place to put your titles. Manifold has special functionality for OER (Reading Groups let you manage student annotations, for instance) and new features make it even easier to remix portions of OER available across CUNY. If you’d like to set up a meeting to talk through the differences and/or how the two platforms can work together, perhaps we can see what works best for your OER. Robin Miller, the Open Educational Technologist at the CUNY Graduate Center, is the person to talk to. I recommend emailing her at rmiller2@gc.cuny.edu.

Hope this helps!
    Jojo

#130532

Thanks, Jojo. Yes, I agree that the main purpose of using CUNY Academic Works is for discovery. I will reach out closer to when my next OER is ready. Thanks again for the info!

#130617

Hi Raffi,

Great question!

As Jojo mentioned, I would be happy to speak with you about publishing OER on Academic Works and Manifold. Please email me at rmiller2@gc.cuny.edu whenever you are ready to chat.

Kind regards,
    Robin

Schedule a meeting with me!