WordPress HELP!!

Public Group active 1 year ago

Editing content using the theme: Fervens A 1.1 by Design Disease

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #12932
    Sarah Morgano
    Participant

I am having trouble editing the About section (on the main page). The About page I’ve edited won’t show up on the main page. I’m using the theme: Fervens A 1.1 by Design Disease. The search/about (widget?) isn’t showing up on either of my sidebars so I don’t know how to actually edit this information. My blog is http://connections.commons.gc.cuny.edu/. Anyone know how to fix this??

Thanks,
    Sarah

#19484

Good catch, Sarah. For some reason, the author of this theme hardcoded the sample About text into the theme, so it would have been impossible for you to replace!

It’d be very tricky to pull the content in dynamically from an About page (because of the different way that different blogs will number their About posts), so for the moment I have removed the About block altogether. I recommend using a Text widget with the title About.

#19485

Your blog looks great, by the way!

#19486
    Sarah Morgano
    Participant

Great idea about using a Text widget instead… thanks Boone! and thanks for the blog props… = )

#19487

“Your blog looks great, by the way!”

Agreed. Nice work, Sarah.

#19488
    Christopher Stein
    Participant

I third that Sarah,
    Boone, I noticed that the links to change the listing of Groups and Members to order by Newest, Active, Popular aren’t working. One is that they are pointing to groups on that particular blog (http://connections.commons.gc.cuny.edu/groups) instead of the commons in general. I think this is your plugin right? but do you mind if I take a look at it to give me a project to understand this architecture better? I’ll reach out to you if I need help.
    Chris

#19489

Please have a look at it, Chris. I have a feeling that it’s not my code causing the problem, though, because when you click a link the new code is sent back by core AJAX. That’ll give you a place to start, at least.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.