WordPress HELP!!

Public Group active 1 year ago

Can’t start a new forum topic

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #13956
    Sarah Flink
    Member

I am a regular member of a private group, and I am attempting to post a new forum topic (not a blog). However, when I click on the “post topic” button, it informs me “Sorry, there are no forum topics found”.

But I am precisely trying to create a forum topic, as I just did successfully here. Can anyone tell me what the relevant difference is that is preventing me from doing it there? Do you have to be a moderator or administrator to post a new forum topic?

Thanks!

#21726

Hi Sarah — can you tell me, either on this forum or privately by email, what group you are trying to post to? We’ll see if we can replicate the problem and will troubleshoot it with you.

Matt

#21727
    Sarah Flink
    Member

Hi Matt,

Thank you so much for your rapid response. The group I am in is a new one, called “Agency, Character, and Identity Project”. I just officially accepted my invitation yesterday, and I was asked by the administrator to start the first forum topic. I tried several times and got the same message each time.

Do you need to know anything else to troubleshoot?

Thanks again,

Sarah

#21728

Hi Sarah,

Sorry for the late reply — I was travelling. Please see this ticket for updates: http://redmine.gc.cuny.edu/issues/show/731

We are doing a site upgrade tomorrow, so our development team will likely be occupied with that. But we will get to this as soon as we can.

Matt

#21729
    Sarah Flink
    Member

Hi Matt,

It’s all sorted out. Thanks for your help!

Sarah

#21730

Great! Thanks, Sarah. If any other members of this group experience this, please let us know and we’ll look into the situation again.