The Group for Group Admins

Public Group active 1 week, 5 days ago

Post New Forum Topics via Email

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Morgano
    Participant

Hello Admins!

Did you know that you can post new topics to your group forum from the comfort of your email inbox? If you or other members of your group are interested in posting new topics without logging into the Commons you will first need to access the unique email address where you will send an email to create a new topic. To find the email address that is unique to you and your group, click on the ‘Forum’ tab in the left navigation area of your group and scroll down past the group topics until you see ‘Post New Topics via Email.’ Then, click on the “Find out how!” link to access the unique email address and follow the directions on the screen (also below).

To post a new topic to your group:

*Compose a new email from the same email address you registered with.
    *Put the unique email address in the “To:” field of the email.
    *Post the topic title as the subject of your email.

Once you have the email address, you can use it to post future topics without being logged in. If you have any questions about this feature please don’t hesitate to reach out to the Commons team at commons@gc.cuny.edu. Happy posting!

Cheers,
    Sarah

This is exciting! I’d like to test it out but I don’t want to spam group members. Can you tell me if attachments added to the email are also added to the topic?

Sarah Morgano
    Participant

Great question! I just tried with a test group and the attachment didn’t post so it looks like you will still need to log in to the group in order to create/reply to a forum with an attachment.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.