CUNY Games Network

Public Group active 4 weeks, 1 day ago

Looking for undergrad/grad students to design games with middle and high schoolers

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #18005

Hello all,
    I’m new to this group — I am an adjunct at School for Professional Studies and I work with Global Kids’ Online Leadership Program, where we make video and geolocative Games for Change with youth around NYC. I attended the fabulous CUNY Games Conference earlier this semester and got a chance to meet some of you.

I wanted to post here to see if a comp sci / game design / graphic design professor would be interested in planning a collaboration with the youth game designers (middle and high schoolers) that I work with at Global Kids. A more formal request is below. Anyone interested should reach out!

The Online Leadership Program at Global Kids, Inc. – the premier nonprofit educational organization for global learning and youth development – is on the lookout for computer science and graphic design professors who would be interested in guiding a group of college or graduate students to create a game in a professional engine (such as Unity) based on design ideas and prototypes of young game designers (middle and high schoolers). The collaboration would begin in September 2014. If you cannot commit to a collaboration but would like to get involved with us or connect us with interested students, we are always looking for guest speakers, people to playtest and provide feedback on young peoples’ games.

If interested, please send an email to olp@globalkids.org.

Have a great one!
    Sara

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)