CUNY Games Network

Public Group active 4 weeks, 1 day ago

ISO customizable Pictionary-style game for vocab review

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, a colleague of mine is looking for any resources to help her in making a Pictionary-style game for her students to play in class to review the course vocabulary. A quick Google search hasn’t turned anything up for us, does anyone have any ideas or resources to recommend?
    Thanks!
    Best,
    Maura

Isa Vasquez

Hello,
    Below is a simple version that works very well:
    1. Create a list of words that have previously been introduced and taught in the classroom. Put these words on index cards or other slips of paper.
    2. Divide the class into two teams. You can also have the whole class guess if you don’t want it to be a competition.
    3. Make sure that you introduce the rules of Pictionary as all students might not be familiar with how to play the game.
    4. Each student gets to draw a card, and then has 15 secs to think about the word before they draw it. No numbers, letters, or words can be used in the drawing.
    5. The student starts drawing the word and then team members make guesses. After a certain amount of time, I use 2 minuets, the other team can start making guesses too. The team who guesses correctly earns one point for their team.
    6. Continue having the teams take turns as time allows.
    7. If no one can guess the word after 4 minutes the student who drew the picture can explain what their word was and then their turn is over.

Source: http://www.kayedstudio.com/1/post/2012/04/using-pictionary-to-review-vocabulary-words.html

Thanks Isa, that looks great! I’ve passed it along to my colleague.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.