CUNY Technology Group

Public Group active 2 days, 10 hours ago

Best web browser for iPad?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #18233
    Sarah Morgano
    Participant

Can anyone recommend a decent web browser for the iPad?

#31688

The iPad comes bundled with Safari, but I tend to use Chrome. Having issues with Safari?

#31690
    Sarah Morgano
    Participant

Thanks, guys! I was hoping that another browser besides for Safari would provide more functionality in Blackboard. Based on the article above there’s no point in using another browser because they have to embed a version of Safari’s rendering engine instead of using their own. Weak sauce.

#31691

Actually, since Blackboard uses Flash in a lot of their applications, for better functionality, you might try a Flash-enabled browser like Puffin. I use Puffin when I want to look at my students’ work in MyMathLab, a Flash-based homework software. I also understand that Blackboard has an app for the iPad. I haven’t used it, but it’s probably worth a try.

Kathleen

#31692
    Sarah Morgano
    Participant

That’s super helpful — I didn’t know there was a way to use Flash on the iPad. I’ll check out Puffin as well as the Blackboard app. Thanks, Kathleen.

#31693
    Helen Keier
    Participant

Sarah, Blackboard’s supposed to be releasing something they’re calling Blackboard Grader this month – but I don’t know if it’s a standalone app or an update to Blackboard Mobile. If you try Blackboard Mobile and it doesn’t do what you need it to do, you might want to try again after the update. But I use it as is now and find it very useful for posting a quick update to my classes or checking in on student discussion boards. The interface however, leaves something to be desired, IMO. Let me know if I can help with it.